Christmas at Hartvigsen....
It was the Christmas Prom at work with week. The kids get so excited. They ask their dates and dress up. The kids love the dances and look forward to them.
Our staff decided that we would dress up also, mainly because we never get to do it. We found our grandmothers jewelry and I ended using the dress I wore at Melissa's wedding, (that was 2 years ago) so now it has been worn twice. We had a lot of fun. We danced with the kids and by the end of the 2 hours we were beat....
I have the best job in the world I believe. Kids with special needs are the most teachable, humble, and great examples for us that think we have so much trial in our lives. I see these kids and the challenges that face them and they don't give up, they just move forward. If their feet or arms don't work, they find another way. If their thinking doesn't come out straight, they excuse themselves and try harder. How many of us could do the same? I watched as they were given gifts from each other, a pencil, or a ball and thought they had been given the best gift in the world.
I hope at this Christmas time, each of us will reflect on the blessings that we have. The joys that are in our lives. I am so thankful for my children and the way they have taught me over the years. Some of those teaching moments haven't been easy, some I would of rather not had but I really am thankful that after all was said and done that we still had each other and loved each other. I am thankful for the Christ child whom we celebrate at this time. Christmas, joy, peace, love. Let's celebrate it thought out the year.
I love you Brian, Scott, Cassi, Melissa, Jimmy, Mark, Heather, Natalie, Samantha, John and all the little ones that come along with this bunch.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Christmas Prom
Posted by
thecoolfamily
at
8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment