Have you ever just thought about what you are suppose to learn from Life? Have you wondered if you have done enough, or will you ever leave your footprint in the hearts of those you love? How does it work or how will those left behind go on?
Life is amazing thing. We enter this life dependent on someone and you leave his life dependent on someone. And the in between places we look for someone to lean on and to walk with.
As I see Dad taking those last few steps back to his beginning, I can't help but think that his life has been one of blessings. Those early days of being a young man and going to his mountain and learning of Christ and the testimony that has fashioned his life. What a great man! What a great example to those whose lives he has touched. Especially mine.
I think back over the years and know that life was tough for him. The responsibility that faced him as he raised 8 children, run the ward as a Bishop and the Stake as a Stake President.
Oh, the fun we had as children as Dad put together a golf arrow course, and as we made arrows or bow strings and campers to sell. The rabbits, puppies, and the fawn to raise. There are the camping trip when we found the kitten we had lost rolled up in the tent when we went camping up twin lakes. The fishing trips to Strawberry, the rides over wolfcreek. The trips to Big Rock candy mountain. The 8 foster kids we had at one time. The love he has for everyone.
Life is on my mind at this time, as I see the life of my Dad grow short. He is a gentle giant. A spiritual man, and one of great faith. He loves the Lord with all his heart and has blessed the lives of so many. He loved to be a sealer in the Jordan River Temple, but his greatest joy is his sweet wife, Ber. and his children and grandchildren.
I ramble on, but I just want anyone that reads this know that I have a Father that is worthy of the blessings he will receive when he returns home to our Savior. I love you Dad, and it is hard to watch you grow old and head back to your beginnings, but I know that this is all about Life.
Life, make the most of it, love those that are around you. And enjoy the time you have and make it count.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Life... what is it all about.
Posted by
thecoolfamily
at
9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment