This is why Hawaii is so important to me... Lucas James Isakson was born at 3:38 am on Monday March 1, 2010. He waited for his dad to arrive from Iraq, let him have a few hours with Melissa and Madeline and then made a grand entrance 10 hours later. Almost born at home, but running a few red lights helped to get them there.
Lucas is beautiful, sweet, cuddly, and all those things that babies are... and he makes number 14 on the grandchild list...4 boys and 10 girls.
I have been here now for almost 1 and 1/2 weeks and only seen the sun twice, I think it is me... the sun runs when I arrive and comes back when I leave. We will try to hit the beach maybe Wednesday.
When I first arrived, the next day we went on a hike to the lighthouse and see if we could see the whales, no whales...but I think maybe that started Melissa going. I have had a good time here with everyone, and it will be hard to leave and go back especially leaving Melissa alone with the 2 kids until Jimmy returns in September.
Natalie's friend invited us to dinner saturday night. Boy was that a treat. He cooked BBQ spareribs, lobster, crab, clams, oysters, sauages, shrimp, there was so much of it, it was insane. Then everyone (about 15 of us) came with the desserts.... if I might say, it was a great night.
Natalie leaves to move back to Utah on Monday, and Jimmy leaves to go back to Iraq on Tuesday...sad days for the Isakson Family, Madeline has had so much fun with her daddy, and Melissa has missed having Jimmy around also. I hope the next 6 months go fast...
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment