Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dreams......


Every mother's fear is when their child get hurt. It doesn't matter what age they are at, they are always your child, and those fears don't go away as they get older.

But, fear is something that keeps you from living and experiencing life also.

My sweet Scott, the boy with "no fear" when it comes to experiencing life, lies in a hospital bed at this moment. Desert Peak Motor cross Track is where he experience this moment of his life.

I guess it is not that he does not let fear stop him, it is that he is good at what he does, but like sometime in life, things don't go as you had planned and you end up getting hurt.

Scott was born to ride, he has been since the day he first received his tricycle. As he advanced up to 2 wheel bike with the power in his legs to make them go and then on to the little honda 90 and the yamaha, and then on to the many other dirt bikes he had. The bigger the hills the better. Scott soared over those hills. ( His mom cringed) but nothing stopped Scott.

Scott, has experienced many set backs with the many injuries he has received over the years, but he just gets back on that bike and carry's on.

I love my Scott, and as life experiences comes his way, I know he will learn from each of them. Sometimes the lessons will be easy and sometimes the lessons will be hard to take, but I know that what ever Scott is to learn that he will take those lessons and apply them and even if they are hard choices, I know Scott will make the best of it. I love you Scott.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Gosh, I hope he's going to be okay. Is he here at my hospital?

HORROCKS FAMILY said...

It sounds like Scott's got a screw loose to me!! One too many hits on the head for that one!! I must have a screw loose too, because I sure do love that crazy boy!!!