Thanks to Carol my cousin I was back in the canning business. She told me she was getting tomatoes and I said I could use another bushel, and as things goes in our family we do things big, she brought me 2 bushel of tomatoes, some peppers and hot peppers. The next day she came back with another bushel of tomatoes, some pears, apples and alot of other stuff. So thanks Carol!
I bottled another 63 pints of salsa, this time it is a bit hotter, but it still wasn't hot enough. Next year I will get it right the first time.
Saturday Grandpa Horrocks turned 80 years old and we went over there. Grandpa and Grandma Horrocks had a friend for years, in fact Grandpa grew up with Gloria. Anyway long story made short..... Gloria and Grandpa are now together, Gloria has been good for Grandpa since Grandma died. So they had a big party for Grandpa and I made him applesauce pies. Grandma use to make them for him. It has been so long since I have made a pie I think I miss it and will do it again, in fact Grandma White and I think we will make them for Thanksgiving.
Anyway, it has been a good, but busy week!
Only two more weeks and Missy and Jimmy and Maddy will be here !
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Thanks to a Cousin....
Posted by
thecoolfamily
at
1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment